Thursday 28 November 2013

I'm A Bad Person...

Now, although I may be partial to a drunken rendition of 'That's what makes you beautiful', I have never been a true fan of One Direction. That was until they released their new album. And now there's no going back, I am…a Directioner.

Only joking! I am yet to be converted, but have stood at the altar and maybe said a few prayers to the current gods of boy-bandary. Obviously I haven't bought the full album because that would be far too uncool…but there are two belting tracks on it. Firstly 'Through The Dark' and then 'Happily'. Tracks that unashamedly reside in my 'Top 25 Most Played'; an honour that rivals a Brit award. I have had a sneaky peruse of the full album, and on the whole it's not bad. In fact, it's pretty darn enjoyable. It doesn't feel like I'm listening to my little sister's CD, but at the same time it is still a guilty pleasure. It's obvious that the band is maturing and that can only be a good thing.

With (what I assume is) their first foray into folk territory the fast-strumming, Mumford & Sons-esque, Lumineers essence really does it for me. Whilst yes, the lyrics are about heartbreak and tweeny-bop love they don't subtract from the quality of the songs. Through The Dark in particular has me singing and foot stomping along, all in the privacy of my own home of course.

And whilst two songs does not a Directioner make, it's a slippery slope, one false move and I may just be sharpie penning my palms with "I <3 1D" whilst simultaneously shipping (whatever that is)

Peace and blessings.

(update, also just discovered that Does He Know? is so Rick Springfield's Jessie's Girl. Which quite frankly is the best song ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment